Our 50hr online Private Investigator course meets and exceeds the syllabus requirements of the MCSCS (Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services). It is delivered 100% online and has been updated recently to reflect changes in relevant legislation. Upon sign up, our Private Investigator students also receive a comprehensive practice test to complete at their own pace to further prepare them for the Ministry Exam.
The course will outline key areas that Private Investigators should be familiar with to ensure they perform their duties in accordance with the Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005 (PSISA) and its regulations.
The subjects covered align with the Ministry’s Training Syllabus for Private Investigators.
There are 8 course modules:
- Section 1: Introduction to the Private Investigation Industry
- Section 2: The Private Security and Investigative Services Act
- Section 3: Provincial and Federal Statutes
- Section 4: Criminal and Civil Law
- Section 5: Investigative Techniques
- Section 6: Principles of Ethical Reasoning/Decision-making
- Section 7: Key Principles of Communication and Interaction
- Section 8: Self-Management Skills
$229.00 + HST
Duration: 50 hour
- 50hr PI Course
- No time limit
- PI Practice Test
- 24/7 online access